Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday, March 26- Boston Trip #2

Boston #2
Friday, March 26
I was too tired last night to write it was a long day but let me tell you all about it.
Woke up at 9:30 and went down to the hotel lobby and had breakfast. I got to have cranberry juice, apple jacks, and some eggs. The breakfast was decent for a free breakfast. We left the hotel shortly after breakfast and started our very eventful day in Springfield, Mass.
We started our journey making sure we knew our way to the College for the meet. We then headed downtown and this is where the fun began... I am going to bullet point the events and touch on the briefly.

*driving through Springfield College: We drove in circles trying to find the College, we didn't get lost because we had a trusty GPS. My aunt and mother were a little nervous driving through the fenced in neighborhoods around the College. We found our way to where the meet was going to be taking place and then we decided to start our journey around town.

*driving to the Springfield Museums: The Quadrangle... It is a little area where 4 museums or more are in one area. We looked around and by this time my aunt was a little frazzled. We walked around and it was really cool to see the sculptures of Dr. Seuss characters.

*Dr. Suess sculpture garden: My favorite one was Eurtle the Turtle. The sculptures were made out of metal and were in this big open courtyard. Everyone else was freezing so the adventure of walking around the courtyard did not last long.


*Dillweedz Café: I read about this little sandwich place online and it sounded good so we tried it. I had a tuna melt and it was delicious. It was a nice little place, seems like a place a lot of city folk would go and all the have to say is… yeah I will have my regular. You know the places you go and everyone knows your name…Hopefully I will make it to Cheers on Sunday.

*jaywalking vs. using the crosswalk: This is the funniest story from the day. We have noticed that most people seem to think that no matter where you are pedestrians have the right away. You need to be very alert as people will just pop out of anywhere to cross the street. So my mother, aunt, and I walked from the Café to the coffee place so my mom could get her daily fix. I pushed the button for the crosswalk a couple times but it never switched colors even though the lights for the cars were switching so my mother and I decided to walk when it was green for the cars to go straight… Well when we were walking we saw a cop and then he proceeded to say “Ladies, that is how you can get hit by a car” over the loud speaker. The cop said one more thing but we were to busy laughing and trying not to wet our pants that we did not hear them. Meanwhile Debbie is stuck at the corner opposite us because she was still waiting for the crosswalk to say that it was ok to walk, so instead she crossed the street and was walking parallel to us.

*Cafe DuJour: Like I said earlier, mom needed her fix so we went into the coffee shop. She wanted a mocha with caramel and all the other fixings she gets. Well long story short, we walked out and mom had no clue the she had in her hand. There was a little language barrier, but mom got her coffee.

*Cathedral red door: So I enjoy taking pictures... we all know that. We drove by the door on our way to the museum and I wanted to get a photo of it so we went back. When we arrived at the door there was a man outside complaining because the cop had just took his bottle. He just kept saying how it was a full bottle, why did the cop have to take his bottle. Needless to say, I got to take my picture.

*bark on the tree: We were on our way back to the college and my aunt Debbie starts yelling.. "Oh i love it, love it, love it..." We are all looking around trying to figure out what the heck she was yelling about... Do you want to know what it was?... She just loved the texture of the bark on the trees. I still don;t understand it, but I did take a picture.

*Gymnastics Meet: I will make this brief and to the point... University of Wisconsin La Crosse won the Division 3 National Championship... by .575 points. It was a very close meet but it was great to watch.



I will write a separate blog about the meet.

Write more later... Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment